- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, focusing on Climate Change, February 2015 – June 2016
- Member of Parliament, Sudbury, October 2008 – January 2015
- Cambrian College
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Yolanda) with two daughters
Memberships and Associations
- Director, United Way
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer, Minor Hockey and Football Leagues
Glenn Thibeault was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2015 as the MPP for Sudbury.
He was appointed Ontario’s Minister of Energy in June 2016. As Minister of Energy, Glenn is focused on ensuring all Ontarians have access to an affordable supply of clean, reliable energy. Beginning in Fall 2016, he is leading consultations across the province on Ontario’s renewed Long Term Energy Plan.
He previously served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, focusing on bringing forward the Climate Change Action Plan. Prior to entering provincial politics, Thibeault was the Member of Parliament for Sudbury and the Executive Director of the Sudbury United Way.
As a director with the United Way, he led many successful campaigns in support of community development. He has also been a volunteer with many not for profits, as well as with minor hockey and football leagues as a coach and official.
Thibeault was born and raised in Sudbury, and is a graduate of Cambrian College. He lives in Sudbury with his wife, Yolanda, and their two daughters.