- Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure, June 2014 – June 2016
- Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, February 2013 – May 2014
- Minister of Economic Development and Innovation, October 2011 – February 2013
- Minister of Energy, August 2010 – October 2011
- Minister of Energy and Infrastructure, January 2010 – August 2010
- Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, September 2008 – January 2010
- Minister of Labour, October 2007 – September 2008
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, March 2004 – September 2007
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs, October 2003 – March 2004
- City Councillor, Toronto
- City Councillor, Scarborough
- Bachelor of Arts (Commerce Major), University of Toronto
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Crystal) with two children (Kennedy and Jordan)
Brad Duguid currently serves as Minister of Economic Development and Growth. He was previously Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure, and Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities. Prior to that, he served as Ontario’s Minister of Economic Development and Innovation, during which time Duguid focused on creating jobs, promoting Ontario as a smart place to invest, building a culture of entrepreneurship and growing a strong, innovative economy.
He ushered in Bill 11 (Attracting Investment and Creating Jobs Act 2012), a marquee piece of legislation that established the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and made permanent the Eastern Ontario Development Fund.
Previously, as Ontario’s Minister of Energy, Duguid launched Ontario’s Long-Term Energy Plan, which built on Ontario’s commitment to clean energy.
As Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, he worked at building relationships and launched PLAY, a program for aboriginal youth using participation in sports and activities to teach life-skills.
Duguid’s involvement in politics began more than 25 years ago while working at Queen’s Park and on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
Duguid lives in Scarborough with his wife, Crystal, and has two sons, Kennedy and Jordan.