You Can Now Renew Your Ontario Health Card Online
Skip the Line and Visit ServiceOntario.ca/RenewCards
People across Ontario can now renew their photo health card online at ServiceOntario.ca/RenewCards.
To renew a health card online, people in Ontario need:
- A valid driver's licence to verify identity as a security measure
- To have lived at the same address at least 90 days prior to renewing
- To keep all other personal details the same
Individuals can still choose to renew their health card in-person at nearly 300 ServiceOntario centres located across Ontario. Many are open on weekends and evenings and some allow you to skip the line by making an appointment. There is no fee to renew a health card either online or in-person.
Modernizing the way we deliver services is part of the government's plan to support care, create opportunity and make life more affordable during this period of rapid economic change. The plan includes free prescription drugs for everyone under 25, and 65 or over, through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, and free preschool child care from 2 ½ to kindergarten.
- There is no fee to renew a health card. Regular fees apply to renew your driver’s licence, and are the same both online and in-person.
- If your identity cannot be verified online, you will need to renew your health card in-person.
- If you need a photo for your health card or driver’s licence, renewing both at the same time in-person will improve your chances of being able to renew both online the next time around.
“This is another step in our government’s commitment to bring more and more services online. It builds on the other options our government provides, such as the online driver’s license renewal and the integrated online address change system; this is an important addition to ServiceOntario’s online options.”